When choosing a summer school, do …
- try to contact other parents with students who have been there and find out what it’s like.
- check that it has the kind of activities that interests your child.
- check that the English teachers will be experienced and qualified.
- try to make sure that the activities staff are chosen by the school for their abilities as activity leaders, and are not inexperienced young people supplied by an agency.
- check that the facilities that feature in photographs are the facilities that are actually available for use by junior centre children in the summer.
- ask the college or school staff any important questions you have before you make your choice and pay a deposit.
- find out what it will be like to stay with a host family by watching or reading our advice in Connect Movie and Connect Pdf.