You want the best experience for your children and we try to help.
It’s that time again when you start thinking about which UK summer school your child might attend.
When choosing a summer school, do …
- try to contact other parents with students who have been there and find out what it’s like.
- check that it has the kind of activities that interests your child.
- check that the English teachers will be experienced and qualified.
- try to make sure that the activities staff are chosen by the school for their abilities as activity leaders, and are not inexperienced young people supplied by an agency.
- check that the facilities that feature in photographs are the facilities that are actually available for use by junior centre children in the summer.
- ask the college or school staff any important questions you have before you make your choice and pay a deposit.
- find out what it will be like to stay with a host family by watching or reading our advice in Connect Movie and Connect Pdf.